[imp] imap server depending on user

Francesco Gringoli francesco.gringoli at ing.unibs.it
Wed Sep 3 06:46:56 PDT 2003

Hi Scott,

thanks for this hint but I already know Perdition: I'm using it into the
mail server I admin (with ldap maps to hidden real username).

The problem is that Perdition, like any other proxy I have found,
is not able to, let's say, masquerade the folder hierarchy:
Cyrus uses ".", while UW uses "/".
So you can find problem with client like IMP that are not
100% IMAP auto-configuring (since it deeply relies on
the c-client UW lib which knows just "/" hierarchy).

Apart from this, there are other issues with proxies
that have to be managed directly by clients (IMP here).
So I'm changing IMP code to have server settings
depending on the username which logs in.

Thanks
Francesco Gringoli