[imp] Vanishing filter rules

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Fri Sep 5 11:40:24 PDT 2003

Quoting Myke Place <mp at xmission.com>:

| Recently, we have starting seeing a disturbing trend. Users with large
| filter lists are seeing them vanish and they have to be restored and
| imported back into the MySQL DB from backup.
|
| Is there a limit to the maximum number of filter rules that can be
| Horde/IMP can handle? Has anybody else seen this problem or is it a known
| bug? Does anybody have any troubleshooting suggestions? I'm not really
| too
| keen on turning on MySQL debugging, but I will if it become necessary
| though I thought it would be prudent to check here first.

This has been discussed a bunch on the mailing list before.  Most likely,
the filter list has become larger than the mysql data size (64KB) so the
serialized data is being truncated and thus becomes unable to be
unserialized correctly.

In HEAD, the $conf['prefs']['maxsize'] parameter will limit the maximum size
of a single preferences entry.  Your other option is to change the datatype
for the preferences data field to one that can hold a larger amount of
data.

michael