[imp] Re: [horde] Who is online?

Sn!per sniper at home.net.my
Mon Sep 8 17:22:50 PDT 2003

Quoting Gary Smith <gary at primeexalia.com>:

..snip..

> If I login and check my email and them shutdown IE you still
> think I'm online (unless you are somehow requiring persistent connections).
> Most of the applications say any user within the last x (usually being 15 or
> 30) is considered to be online if they have accessed the system.

actually my requirement to check who is online is *not* limited to just displaying numbers like 'NN users are currently logged in'. in fact i do not have such intention.

what i am aiming at is to have some means of checking that your buddy is online from a jabber client. ie A is on jabber client and knows that B has logged in (either with IMP or jabber client).

we are currently on the qmail-ldap/courier/horde-imp combo and would like to integrate jabber into the scenario. since this is OT, anybody with success stories can guide me off the list.

rgds.