[imp] [RELENG_3:] Character enconding problem when saving drafts

Joerg Friedrich Joerg.Dieter.Friedrich at uni-konstanz.de
Tue Sep 16 15:16:35 PDT 2003

Hi,

one of our users encountered a problem when saving a msg as draft.
Our IMAP server (cyrus) replaces every non-7-Bit-Chars in the header by
a 'X'. So every draft containing 8-bit-chars i.e in subject gets messed
up when appended to the mailbox via imap_append.

the appending to the send-mail-box when sending the mail is not
affected, since there is a "$headers = $mime->header($headers);" which
does the right encoding.

I think the only way is to rewrite the 'case SAVE_DRAFT' section in
compose.php. I'll look at it tomorrow.
--
Jörg Friedrich