[imp] WU-imap + quotas on IMP

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Sep 18 13:53:26 PDT 2003

Quoting AJ <aj at mindcrash.com>:

> Has anyone on the list gotten quotas to work with the CVS HEAD version of imp
> (4.0), UW-Imap and Redhat 8+.

Yes.

> The code in lib/Quota/command.php does not
> seem to work,

You mean it does not seem to work for you (and many others).  It actually
works as-is for me, but that's because my setup happens to be different than
yours.

> as all I get is Unable to retrieve quota.  I saw that w/ Redhat 8.0+
> you need to do some extra things, but I am not sure what to do.  I configured
> quotas in servers.php and made the proper suid permissions changes to the
> quota binary.
> Any help would be great, I would love to get this working.

There were some postings to the mailing lists in the last two weeks about
this.  I intend to use the suggestions if/when I get time to do so. Until
then you can either locate them in the archives and implement them yourself,
or wait until someone gets around to doing it for you.

Basically, it can't match the home directory info in your /etc/passwd file
to the device info that your quota command is returning.  You need to find
a way to match them up.  See the list archives for recent suggestions on
how to do this.  Check the imp, horde, dev, and sork lists, as I'm not sure
which list(s) they were posted to.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics