[imp] Which outgoing mailserver?

Paul Hanson phanson at northstarmicro.dyndns.org
Thu Sep 18 19:27:03 PDT 2003

Hello,

I'm new to the list, after searching the archives to no avail I figured I had
better join up.

Using:
horde 2.2.3
imp 3.2
MySQL
on Aurora Linux 1.0 (Redhat 7.3 on Ultra Sparc)

Here is the situation:
I have my mail come into my cable modem network via a registered domain name &
dyndns.org.  The incoming mail server is 192.168.1.2.  My web server including
horde & imp is at 192.168.1.5.  Receiving and sending mail works great except
when sending to roadrunner & earthlink (maybe more but thats all I have found
so
far) The mail gets bounced due to being a residential (dynamic) IP address. see
this:

Reporting-MTA: dns; sparky2.myname.com
Arrival-Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 22:59:05 -0500
Final-Recipient: RFC822; anyone at wi.rr.com
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 5.7.1 Mail Refused -
cable.mindspring.com_Residential_Range - See
http://security.rr.com/residential.htm - 030813d
Last-Attempt-Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 22:59:14 -0500

It would appear that in imp/config/servers.php (smtphost) I could set the
outgoing mail server to my ISPs mailserver and sending should work.  That is
how
I had setup amail (another web based email program) but no matter what I type
into servers.php, the mail that I send uses sendmail on 192.168.1.5.  See this:

$servers['imap'] = array(
    'name' => 'NSM IMAP Server',
    'server' => '192.168.1.2',
    'protocol' => 'imap',
    'port' => 143,
    'folders' => 'mail/',
    'namespace' => '',
    'maildomain' => 'mail.myname.com',
    'smtphost' => 'mail.earthlink.net',
    'realm' => '',
    'preferred' => ''
);

Is there some other setting that needs to be changed to activate?

Please help.

visit http://www.klodepark.com

visit http://www.klodepark.com