[imp] wu-imap quotas on Redhat 8 or 9 with imp 3.2.2

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Sep 19 10:44:10 PDT 2003

Quoting AJ <aj at mindcrash.com>:

> Basically, I just hard coded in the filesystem where my /home folder is.

That works, as long as all your users are on that single device.  This
solution was already discussed several times in the list archives.

> This seems to now work, except that people who do not have quotas get the:
> "Unable to retrieve quota" messeage, where they should get the "NO LIMIT"
> message..

No.  If they don't have a quota, then they should get the "Unable to
retrieve quota" message.  If they have an unlimited quota, then they
should get a "No Limit" or "Unlimited" or some other message.

If they don't have a quota, give them one, even if it is an unlimited one.

> What would be the best way to fix this, but at the same time keep
> the quota error message enabled in case something goes wrong?

Not sure how literal I should take your report.  If I take it literal,
then give everyone a quota.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics