[imp] imp_get_vinfo bug and fix ?

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Mon Sep 22 10:25:08 PDT 2003

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, stephan wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> like Andrew Roseman posted on Fri Sep 5 07:18:28 PDT 2003,
> something about imp_get_vinfo is broken.
>
> I downloaded the actual stable releases of imp and horde
> the last days and figured out that $imp['user'] does
> not contain anything at all when a imp_get_vinfo function gets
> called. Which probably was not the case before, because
> it worked then.
>
> And, yes, after what I might see, inside IMP.php is something
> missing right before calling the vinfo hook, is it possible
> that $imp['user'] no longer is the way the user information
> is stored ? If so would it be $_SESSION['imp']['user'] ?
> For instance, this is how it works for me, if I am
> right you should correct your imp/config/conf.php to use
> this variable instead of the old one.
>
> If I am wrong, the please correct the bug ...
>
> Regards, Stephan

Let me second this.  I just found this exact same bug and was about to
report it here, but Stephan beat me to it.  I've tested that using
$_SESSION['imp']['user'] instead of $imp['user'] works here.  However, a
grep shows that conf.php is not the only place that is still being used:

./lib/Identity/IMP.php
./lib/Maintenance/Task/purge_trash.php
./message.php
./compose.php
./mailbox.php
./config/conf.php.dist
./config/conf.php

I'll look into the other occurances and see if there are problems...

	Andy