[imp] IE "page cannot be displayed"

Lord Apollyon implist at paypc.com
Tue Sep 23 12:50:57 PDT 2003

> I guess you feel strongly about that?

Yeah, I suppose it's a bit silly...

> In my case, it was me.  I was having trouble with a critical system
> (about 3 years ago) getting it to work with all clients
> (e.g. Mac running IE, AOL, etc).  And this fixed the remaining problems
> I was seeing.  Nothing else fixed it.  No one gave me this advice, I
> found it via trial and error.

It's a pity you couldn't or didn't have the time to see exactly what the SSH
negotiation problems were.  3 years ago, hrm... Was this OpenSSL 0.9.5?
Bizarre browser interop (SSL) issues typically stem from no shared cipher,
to RSA keysizes being too large (or too small) - which is why even though
you can use larger server keys, 1024 bits is best for compatibility.

> They use just about every OS, language, browser, firewall, proxy,
> filter, etc.  I have to try to support them all, even the sites that
> block my e-mail without an attachment as containing an attachment!

Fair enough, I can appreciate the difficulties with that.

> Okay, so you've said: Use the settings which are causing us problems,
> and you'll have no problems.  Does that really make sense?

Do you recall exactly which browsers had the problems?  Even one or two of
them?  I have Macintoshes and Wintendo boxes.

I'm curious now.

=Apollyon=