[imp] Problems Deleting mail IMP 3.2

Alan Barnes abarnes at bulletmail.net
Sat Sep 27 10:08:03 PDT 2003

Rick,

I ran into the same problem when trying to delete mail in IMP. The problem
has to do with several Microsoft patches to IE. The only way to fix this is
as follows:

Note: This will bring you back to an older version on IE 6. (Your original
install version)

Once complete, be careful about what Microsoft updates you accept for IE.

>From the Start menu, select Search, select All Files and Folders.
Select More Advanced Options and place a checkmark beside Search Hidden
Files and Folders option.
Ensure that Search System Folders and Search Subfolders are also checked.
In the All or Part of the File Name box, type ie.inf
In the Look In drop-down menu, select C: or the letter of the hard drive
that contains the Windows folder.
Click the Search button.
In the search results pane, find the ie.inf file located in Windows\Inf
folder.
Right click the ie.inf file and click Install on the context menu.
You will be prompted to insert your Windows install CD.
After doing so, specify the fully qualified path to the i386 directory on
the CD.
Reboot the computer when the file copy process is complete.

Let me know if you have any issues with the process. This worked perfect for
me. I no longer have the problem. It also worked for several of my users.

Regards,

Alan