[imp] Attachment size - works for 1M, not for 2M

Diego Rivera lrivera at racsa.co.cr
Tue Sep 30 15:53:44 PDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 16:37, Eric Rostetter wrote:
> Quoting Diego Rivera <lrivera at racsa.co.cr>:
>
> > I forgot to mention - the email goes out, but the attachment is length
> > zero (some mail clients don't even show it).
>
> Do you ever get duplicate headers for the attachment?  Are you running
> apache 2.x or 1.x?  Are you running php in safe_mode?

Sorry about that !  I just realized I hadn't been as specific as I
needed to...

Here it is:
	PHP: 4.3.0
	Apache: 2.0.47
	Distro: Mandrake 9.1

PHP is NOT in safe mode.  I used the <Files *.php>...</Files> stuff from
the FAQ just to be sure (LimitRequestBody is set to 16M - specified in
bytes).

The thing is: with the 1 meg file, the open-read-delete cycle occurrs in
the correct order.

With the 2 meg file (and larger) it *SEEMS* to occurr with the delete
first (I KNOW this can't be the case, but that's the symptom that's
reported).

I looked at the code from 'imp/compose.php' and it is (obviously) in the
correct order.

One TRULY strange thing: if I comment out the "unlink()" call that comes
after the read of the attachment, I get "connection broken" errors.

This is odd - it should just leave the file there.  This makes me think
that it may be a PHP bug somewhere...does it smell that way to you?

Best

* Diego Rivera                                            *
* "The Disease: Windows, the cure: Linux"                 *
* E-mail: lrivera<AT>racsa<DOT>co<DOT>cr                  *
* Replace: <AT>='@', <DOT>='.'                            *
* GPG: BE59 5469 C696 C80D FF5C  5926 0B36 F8FF DA98 62AD *
* GPG Public Key avaliable at: http://pgp.mit.edu         *