[imp] Safe Mode

Lord Apollyon implist at paypc.com
Wed Oct 1 00:25:09 PDT 2003

> how do you chmod the
> php.ini file so users can not read it using php (which runs as the www
> user)?  Isn't that why safe_mode was created?

Yes, precisely.  No, it's not a perfect "security solution", but like all
security OPTIONS, they exist within a layered model to make things
progressively more difficult for "Bad Things" to happen.

> > While your reason for putting safe_mode on was completely bogus
>
> Am I missing something or did you just have a bad day?

Don't take it personally, as I suspect the US-based Horde team never have
"good days"... though Cranky Chuck(R) did wave hello across the Charles to
someone in Boston yesterday.

Hey, I lived in the South End for eight years, does that count for
slightly-less-Crankiness?

I didn't think so. :)  Ah well.

=Apollyon=

(R) Marca registrada not used with permission.