[imp] Refreshing an empty mailbox problem (IMP-CVS)

Ahmed ashihab at alcahest.com
Tue Oct 7 09:02:45 PDT 2003

A quick update;

I've managed to reduce the frequency of this problem by changing the session
management from the following:

MySQL database running on a remote server to the apache server running
horde. with the /config/conf.php entry:

$conf['sessionhandler']['type'] = 'sql';

aside: setting this to 'mysql' broke the installation completely,
       where the browser will only show an empty page
       (I did not investigate further)

TO:

managing sessions using PHP's default mm session managment with
$conf['sessionhandler']['type'] = 'none';

Hope this offers someone some clue as to what is going on.

at the moment I'm using:

Horde : CVS 06-oct-2003
apache: 1.3.27 (redhat rpm)
mysql : 3.23.56 (redhat rpm) (on another server, same local network)
php   : 4.3.4RC1 with config:

CFLAGS="-O6 -mcpu=athlon" \
./configure \
        --with-dom=/usr/local \
        --with-gd=/usr/local \
        --with-mcrypt \
        --with-zlib \
        --with-zlib-dir=/usr/lib \
        --with-bz2 \
        --with-mysql=/usr \
        --with-gettext \
        --enable-ftp \
        --with-db3 \
        --with-config-file-path=/etc \
        --with-sysvsem \
        --with-sysvshm \
        --enable-bcmath \
        --enable-libgcc \
        --enable-inline-optimization \
        --enable-sockets \
        --enable-mbstring \
        --enable-mbregex \
        --enable-zend-multibyte \
        --with-iconv \
        --with-kerberos \
        --disable-debug \
        --enable-mime-magic \
        --disable-rpath \
        --with-pear \
        --with-mime-magic \
        --with-imap=/usr/local/src/imap-2002e \
        --with-imap-ssl \
        --disable-ipv6 \
        --enable-yp \
        --with-mm \
        --with-apxs

php.ini:
 session.save_handler = mm
 session.use_cookies = 1
 session.use_only_cookies = 1

HTH

Ahmed...

Quoting Jan Kuipers sent on Thu 02 Oct 2003 16:48:45 BST