[imp] Need Help

Ryan w.b ryan at 602global.com
Mon Oct 20 07:51:42 PDT 2003

Ok.  First off, thanks for the help I have been getting from this list.

Here is my situation.  For the longest time I have been running
vpopmail-5.2.1, sqwebmail-3.3.7, qmail with mysql.  Everything works fine
like that, except users cannot change their password in sqwebmail.
Authentication is done via the authdaemon using authvchkpw, but I could
never get the change password option to work.  Now I recently went looking
for something more userfull for webmail, and cam across horde.  Decided to
install courier-0.43.2 and run it parallel with what I have for a while.
Got courier working (seemingly), as well as horde with imp, mnemo...etc.
Tried installing the passwd module, but had no luck getting that to work.
Also, when I add a new user using qmailadmin, that user cannot log into imp,
but they can in sqwebmail.  All the old users can use imp no problem, but
new ones cannot.  So my questions are:

1.  Should I continue using vpopmail/mysql for authentication, or look at
ladp or something?  I just want users to be able to change their password!

2.  Why can't new users login to imp?  I don't understand why old users are
fine, but new ones can't.

3.  Anyone have any recommendations for me given my current setup?

I realise this is not entirely a imp question, but any help I can get is
appreciated.

Thanks!

ryan.