[imp] Interesting Problem

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Fri Oct 24 21:44:19 PDT 2003

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003, Ryan Burton wrote:

> Ok, this is a weird problem and explains all the issues I have been
> having since I setup courier/horde.  Would not authenticate sometimes,
> kick me back to the login prompt sometimes, not work at all.etc.    I
> have three domains setup and it seems that if there is an email address
> with 6 characters or less in the e-mail address before the @, it will
> cause issues or wont work at all.  If there are 7 characters or more,

Are you using courier with an older version of vpopmail?  Your problem
description reminds me of the username corruption bug I found where
courier doesn't play nice with some string termination bugs in older
vpopmail.  If that's the case, search this list's archive and you should
find a solution I posted.  Upgrading to the latest vpopmail will fix it
though, if that's the problem you're having.  If you don't want to / can't
upgrade vpopmail, courier can be patched to workaround the problem.