[imp] Passing Session IDS

Roddy Strachan roddy at netspace.net.au
Sun Oct 26 16:24:32 PST 2003

Hi,

I am referring to this email which was sent to the list sometime ago :

I'm currently building a site that uses all session IDs.
As IMP so conviently does this already, I was wondering if it is possible
to have a user login to a "front page", and then by passing session ids,
have the users be able to use the mail without logging into IMP directly.

I'm figuring that this should not be a problem.  The information that I
will need in order to do this would be:

1) Where are the session IDs passed?
2) What type of information is needed to pass the session IDs?
3) Where does IMP grab the session IDs after the login screen (so I can
bypass the login screen.)
4) Anything else I don't konw.  ;)

Thanks!

-MikeI am trying to do the same thing here, by having people being shown a
'front page' which has the username andpassword field on the 'front page'
and then posting that information to horde, problem is that it keeps
sayingA. Session has expiredB. Invalid passwordAnyone got any ideas ?