[imp] Problem downloading attachments with spaces in names(only with Netscape/Firebird)

Benoit St-André ben at benoitst-andre.net
Mon Oct 27 17:54:26 PST 2003

Le 27 Octobre 2003 18:22, Apollo (Carmel Entertainment) a écrit :
> If I get an attachment like:
>
> thank you quote.doc	application/msword	26.00 KB
>
> When I press the save button in IMP in save as screen it says "thank"
> filename and "you" as file extension. This does not happen with IE, only
> with Netscape and Firebird. Any ideas how I can fix that?
>
> Apolinaras "Apollo" Sinkevicius

> Visit CARMEL MUSIC & ENTERTAINMENT website http://carmelme.com

That's exactly the bug I'm trying to reproduce...
http://lists.horde.org/archives/imp/Week-of-Mon-20031020/035265.html

Chuck wasn't able to reproduce it. However, It seems to do that with xls, doc
attachments that has a spaces in names (or accents like é ) . Since my horde
is behind an apache ProxyPass, I suspect it does the same thing as your post
but I can't see the error it gives (it only gives me an Error reading from
remote server"

Working attachments: .sxc, .swx, .zip, .rtf, .csv,
Not working: .pdf, .doc, .xls,

With Mozilla, and IE6 too....

Could it be related with kind of attatchment, sxc/swx/zip and rtf/scv being
text like, ?

I don't know if it is related, but it doesn't save the attatchment with the
draft too...
--
Benoit St-André
Conseiller pédagogique à la CS des Affluents
ben at benoitst-andre.net
Connaissez-vous Linuxédu-Québec ? http://linuxeduquebec.org