[imp] No messages displayed in IMP

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Tue Oct 28 15:29:06 PST 2003

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Chris Horry wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have IMP 3.2.2 installed and am connecting to a Courier IMAP server.
> I'm also using PHP 4.3.3 and Apache 2.0.47 if that's relevant :-)
>
> I can log in just fine and IMP is correctly stating how many messages I
> have, even telling me it's on page xx of yy but nothing is displayed.
>
> Searching through the mailing archives shows this to be a common problem
> but does anyone have a solution?  I have tried several different c-clients
> but they all yield the same results.
>
> Configuration available if anyone needs it.
>
> Chris

I had this problem with an older version of PHP (4.2.3 I think).  It was
caused by messages with a large number of recipients in the To: header.
Upgrading to PHP 4.3.3 fixed it.

I've also seen this problem on PHP 4.3.3, but with a different cause.  The
problem is triggered by sorting the mailbox by Subject, but I've only seen
it on one particular user's inbox.  I didn't bother trying to track down
why this happened.

	Andy