[imp] Unread Mail moved to Trash still downloaded

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Wed Oct 29 09:07:38 PST 2003

Quoting Jimmy Kimanzi <jimmy at swiftkenya.com>:

| Hi
|
| I'm having an issue where unread messages that are deleted and moved to
| trash using IMP are still downloaded by users who have pop3 mail clients
| .Any ideas on how to sort this out ? In the preferences IMP has been set
| to move deleted messages to trash and not just mark them as deleted . I'm
| running IMP 3.2.1 ,HORDE 2.2.3 and Cyrus-IMAPD v.2.1.13.

Trash only works with pure IMAP servers since POP3 doesn't handle folders.
If you are running a mail server that supports both types of connections,
then it sounds like you need to mess with the configuration settings there
(maybe the POP side is showing all messages in all mailboxes since it can't
display individual folders?).

michael