[imp] Problem downloading attachments with spaces in names(only with Netscape/Firebird)

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Fri Oct 31 15:27:12 PST 2003

Quoting Tim Meader <tmeader at cne-odin.gsfc.nasa.gov>:

| Thank you for addressing this, and believe me, I understand that IMP does
| great job as it stands. We tried Squirrel Mail about a year ago to
| nightmarish results.
|
| As for detecting which browsers are affected... I would imagine it could
| somehow be gathered from this:
|
| "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5)"
|
| In that line (when reported back from the browser) anything pre "rv:1.5"
| should function perfectly fine with the old behavior. Thus ALL Mozilla
| based browsers will work fine except for Firebird 0.7 or 0.6.1, and
| Mozilla
| 1.5 (all platforms obviously). So for current users this may not be too
| big
| an issue, but as soon as vendors start upgrading to 1.5 and beyond this
| will be a big problem.
|
| Thanks again for the fix, and I hope this information can be useful.

I actually didn't read your subsequent post where you said that enclosing
the filename in quotes seems to work fine across all browsers.  So I went
ahead and added it to the download header generation in HEAD by default, so
we'll see how that goes. (although it works fine on IE 6, the browser I am
most worried about, so that bodes well).

Quoting the filename is probably the "right thing" to do anyway since it is
already what we do to MIME headers with the filename parameter (at least in
HEAD).

I will port this back to Horde 2/IMP 3 also in a few days if it works out.

michael