[imp] Help - can't view html (attachments or inline)

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sun Nov 2 20:30:23 PST 2003

Quoting Howard Moscovitz <h at mosc.com>:

> I've upgraded to IMP 3.2.2 and I'm having trouble getting html to appear
> inline when reading messages.

What kind of problems exactly?

> Do I need to do anything else? I know it isn't recommended, but I want
> to enable inline html it anyway.

That should be all that is needed.

> That said, when html messages show up they are made into attachments. I

Or are they sent as attachments?  If they are sent as attachements, they
will not, and should not, be shown in-line.

> can view these in Mozilla, but in IE there is just a blank screen.
> Anyone have any ideas?

Check the contents of the blank screen (view source) and the error logs
and see if you can find any clues.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics