[imp] Problem downloading attachments with spaces...and Forwarding of attachments not consistent solved

Benoit St-André ben at benoitst-andre.net
Tue Nov 4 11:51:43 PST 2003

Le 27 Octobre 2003 20:57, Chuck Hagenbuch a écrit :
> Quoting Benoit St-André <ben at benoitst-andre.net>:
> > Chuck wasn't able to reproduce it. However, It seems to do that with xls,
> > doc attachments that has a spaces in names (or accents like é ) . Since
> > my horde is behind an apache ProxyPass, I suspect it does the same thing
> > as your post but I can't see the error it gives (it only gives me an
> > Error reading from remote server"
>
> I tried it with an xls file with multiple spaces in the filename.
>
> > I don't know if it is related, but it doesn't save the attatchment with
> > the draft too...
>
> That was fixed a while ago...
>
> -chuck
>
> --
> Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
> Born right the first time.

Finally found the trouble ! Some of the posts about the memory limit gave me a
hint to try it out, and it turns out that it was the problem causing those
errors.

I can't understand why the memory limit was applying differently from one type
of file to the other (I had problems with xls, doc, ... but not with zip,
sxw, ...), but anyway, it works.

So for the record, if you have those kind of problems, try to raise your
memory_limit = 8M      ;
to higher than that ... and sending attachments in whatever format or size
will work again.

However, I'm asking myself the same question as the post
http://lists.horde.org/archives/imp/Week-of-Mon-20031103/035461.html

Why is that kind of behaviour being so erratic ? (same attachments size,
different behaviour).

Anyway, I'm glad it works now :-)
--
Benoit St-André
Conseiller pédagogique à la CS des Affluents
ben at benoitst-andre.net
Connaissez-vous Linuxédu-Québec ? http://linuxeduquebec.org