[imp] POP3 Server not showing folders

Adrian Esteban Madrid aemadrid at hyperxmedia.com
Wed Nov 5 11:25:02 PST 2003

I finished installing IMP 3.2 and it works just fine although I can't
make it work with folders. The folders don't even show up, although they
do with Squirrel. I'm guessing there is some problem with the way my
server is setup. any suggestions would be very welcome. Here are the
configuration options I have set so far (tried setting folders and
namespace to 'INBOX.' or 'mail/' unsuccessfully).

servers.php
---------------------------------
$servers['pop'] = array(
    'name' => 'Example',
    'server' => 'localhost',
    'protocol' => 'pop3',
    'port' => 110,
    'folders' => '',
    'namespace' => '',
    'maildomain' => 'example.com',
    'realm' => 'example.com',
    'preferred' => ''
);

conf.php
---------------------------------
// Should we allow users to use folders at all? NOTE: setting this to
// false will mean there is no place to save sent-mail or postponed
// messages, along with the obvious affects of restricting the user to
// their INBOX.
$conf['user']['allow_folders'] = true;

// If this is true, then there will be a "Message Source" link in the
// parts list of every message, allowing the user to view the entire
// raw message, or to download it and save it to disk.
$conf['user']['allow_view_source'] = true;

// If this is true, the user will be able to resume any message in any
// mailbox.  Otherwise, only messages marked as 'drafts' can be resumed.
$conf['user']['allow_resume_all'] = false;

// If this is true, the user will be able to resume any message in their
// draft mailbox (to compensate for some clients that don't bother setting
// the draft flag).  Otherwise, only messages marked as 'drafts' can be
// resumed.
$conf['user']['allow_resume_all_in_drafts'] = true;

// If this is anything other than false, then it is assumed to be the
// URL of an alternate login screen which will be used in place of
// IMP's default one.
$conf['user']['alternate_login'] = false;

// If this is anything other than false, it is assumed to be the URL
// of an alternate logout page which users will be sent to when they
// log out.
$conf['user']['redirect_on_logout'] = false;

// If this is true, then users will be given a <select> menu in the
// compose window allowing them to choose which folder to save their
// sent messages to. If this is false, then messages will be saved to
// the folder defined in their preferences.
$conf['user']['select_sentmail_folder'] = true;

--
Adrian Esteban Madrid