[imp] *IS* there a way to convince PHP to spool an uploaded file to disk?

Lord Apollyon implist at paypc.com
Wed Nov 5 21:47:30 PST 2003

This "attachment" problem is ubiquitous with PHP installations and stems
from a stupid implementation in the file upload handling part of PHP which
insists on keeping things entirely ram-resident.  I have a fear that the
ultimate ram requirement is 2.5x the binary size of the attachment plus the
basal PHP RAM usage minima on account of needing the in-flight [base64
encoded] portion as well as the decoded portion all in core.

I realise the Horde team works with what is available in PHP, which I
supposed is functionality not even exposed to the userland APIs at all,
i.e., the HTTP POST/PUT handler.

Bleh.

=Lord Apollyon=