[imp] logon failure... anyone? anyone??

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Nov 13 21:34:00 PST 2003

Quoting Geoff Sweet <lists at whootis.com>:

> > > ": could not be found. Please check the name and try again."

For the longest time, this sounded familar but I couldn't place it.  Now
I have it.  The more common error message would be:

"_DEFAULT_ could not be found . Please check the name and try again."

I bet it is the same error.  If you are using apache, this is likely an
apache error.  It is likely caused by either the wrong setting for
UseCanonicalName in your apache config, or something similar (You can
try, for example, replacing config files references to $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME']
with your own web server name, and/or adjusting the port also in a
similar way incase the ":" in the error message is caused as part of
a port specifier...

Anyway, this would look like an apache misconfiguration, no?  Can't say
I've seen the exact string before, but I've definately seen similar ones.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!