[imp] Who use it

Dave Breiland superdave at dynamicis.com
Fri Nov 14 14:31:10 PST 2003

I would have to disagree completely.  I personally use IMP for the servers I am
the administrator for and have never had issues with it.  I've now used it for
about 4 years.  The speed is not always a sign of software issues... but
probably a lack of hardware, such as upograding when usage level increases.  I
would imagine that using something like Zend would dramatically improve
performance on a large user base.

As for SquirrelMail, this it the webmail solution my company uses.
Unfortunately the people who implemented it never use it.  NONE of the people
that use SquirrelMail regularly like it.  It lacks tons of the features of IMP.
   I personally find that SquirrelMail is WAY slower than IMP... but thats just
my experience.  It is very buggy and problematic.

I completely respect if other people have different experiences.

Dave