[imp] Who use it

Richard Zuidhof rzuidhof at zonnet.nl
Mon Nov 17 01:59:40 PST 2003

Myke Place wrote:

> * Richard Zuidhof (rzuidhof at zonnet.nl) [031115 04:54] spake thusly:
>
>>We are doing 150,000 unique webmail users per day on two dual 1,8 Ghz Xeon
>>machines. In the peak hours some delay is noticeable so we are moving a
>>third one in and will install the APC accelerator and Mcrypt support. Each
>>machine runs an imap proxy because the mail is stored elsewhere.
>
> Could you expand a little bit on the way your system is setup? I'm
> interested to hear about experiences with running more than one physical
> box in parallel for Horde/IMP.

Cisco Local Director distributes traffic to several web servers with
Horde/IMP. On each server Perdition is running for pop3/imap proxy.
Perdition retrieves the correct mail store from ldap servers. The mail
stores run qmail-ldap with Courier for pop3/imap.

Horde/IMP/Turba preferences and address book are stored in a single
MySQL server. Sessions are managed by Apache. The Local Director
maintains 'sticky' connections so sessions don't break.

Richard