[imp] IMP as mailto client

John P Reber John.P.Reber at mail.jci.tju.edu
Mon Nov 24 10:22:14 PST 2003

I've seen this problem on Google, but haven't seen any answers yet.

I'm using:

         horde-2.2.4
         imp-3.2.2

IMP is used as login screen

I've imported the scripts/Imp.reg file edited as follows:

REGEDIT4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail]
@="Imp"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\Imp]
@="IMP"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\Imp\Protocols]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\Imp\Protocols\mailto]
"EditFlags"=hex:02,00,00,00
"URL Protocol"=""
@="URL:MailTo Protocol"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\Imp\Protocols\mailto\shell]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\Imp\Protocols\mailto\shell\open]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\Imp\Protocols\mailto\shell\open\command]

@="iexplore.exe -nohome redding.jci.tju.edu/horde/imp?action=compose&to=%1"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\Imp\shell]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\Imp\shell\open]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\Imp\shell\open\command]
@="iexplore.exe -nohome redding.jci.tju.edu/horde/imp"
Within IE6 , I've set Mail client to IMP.

When I click on a mailto link, the IMP login screen appears, with
"http://redding.jci.tju.edu/horde/imp/?action=compose&to=mailto:Karl.J.Smalley@mail.jci.tju.edu"
as the URL

If I login I'm taken to the IMP mail screen.

If I paste the above URL in as the address, the compose screen appears.

This happens if I'm logged into IMP or not.