[imp] Re: Horde auth looping

Chris Shaffer cat-imp2 at gesserit.net
Mon Nov 24 17:57:19 PST 2003

Well, a few people have replied off-list but nobody had any good solutions.
Alberto told me he reverted to Debian stable (Woody) to get Horde to work.
That's not an option for me.  If nobody can help, I'll have to find a
different webmail program.  I'd rather stick with Horde - I like it and am
used to it.  Here's some more info - my Horde test page is at:

http://gesserit.net/horde/test.php

The IMP test page is at:

http://gesserit.net/horde/imp/test.php

Both work fine - I can log into the IMAP server using "gesserit.net" or
"localhost" and I get an accurate count of the number of messages in my
inbox.  I'm running Debian testing (Sarge), qmail, and Courier IMAP.  I
installed qmail from source, Horde from tarball, and Courier IMAP via
apt-get.  Horde is set to login via IMP, which is set to authenticate with
imap/notls.  Preferences are set to be saved in a MySQL database, along with
Turba.  I ran both of the mysql creation scripts and they seem to have done
the right things.  I have no problems connecting to the IMAP server with
KMail and Eudora.  Entering *anything* in either of thise login pages:

http://gesserit.net/horde/imp/
http://gesserit.net/horde/

causes one of the Apache processes to spike to 50%+ CPU and about 15MB RAM.
Hitting the stop button in the web browser frees up the CPU and RAM.  It
doesn't matter which browser or OS is used when trying to log in.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  I really don't want to stop
using Horde.

Chris