[imp] Unseen and Unread

Roger B.A. Klorese rogerk at queernet.org
Tue Nov 25 15:43:19 PST 2003

> I've actually made the change from "New" to "Unseen" since
> this is more
> correct from an IMAP flag standpoint.  Also, I removed the
> "Seen" entry
> since we don't have corresponding "Unanswered" and "Undeleted" legend
> entries.

I should have replied here...

Aren't you more interested in reflecting information that is useful to
end-users and expressed in terms that are meaningful to them, rather than
"reflecting IMAP flag names"?  What percentage of users do you think can
tell an IMAP flag from a Confederate flag?!

I don't know about you, but I don't walk in my front door and say, "Honey,
is there any unseen mail?"...