[imp] Unseen and Unread

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Nov 26 14:31:12 PST 2003

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu>:

> It turns out that "Recent" checking is essentially worthless since the
> Recent flag disappears the first time you access the mailbox anyway, so
> subsequent views of the mailbox will show the message as non-recent, even
> though it has never been read.

Right, but you still need to check the flag to make sure you show the status
correctly (as "new"). Otherwise the status of the message can show up as read,
then  new, on two subsequent page loads.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"I'm really... I'm not too fascinated by green food." - Average Joe