[imp] Trouble running IMP inside chroot()

Peter Solodov peter at alcor.concordia.ca
Tue Dec 2 08:50:28 PST 2003

On 29 Nov 2003, fzzzty at yahoo.com wrote:
> I recently tried chrooting my Apache server and I'm having some
> trouble getting IMP to work. Horde and Kronolith work fine, and are
> using MySQL for their data stores. I can go to imp/test.php and fill
> in the information (localhost, imap/ssl/novalidate-cert, port, user,
> pass) and it seems to log in perfectly fine. When I go to the IMP
> page, it dies.  It actually kills two httpd processes. I thought I
> copied over all the valid libraries, including libmysqlclient, even
> sendmail, and it isn't working.

Did you use ldd to see what libraries httpd needs?  Do you have them
all in your chroot?

It might be that you don't have some files (non-libraries) in chroot
absence of which crashes httpd.  You could try to trace httpd to see
what it's trying to access.

I have IMP running in a chroot environment with no problems at all.

        - Peter

--
Peter Solodov                    | Concordia University
http://alcor.concordia.ca/~peter | Montreal, QC, Canada