[imp] Authentication problem

Mike Partyka mikep at stonepath.com
Thu Dec 4 06:58:06 PST 2003

I was experimenting with horde / imp on Suse 9 and was wondering if anybody
had
success or a pointer to a good readme/howto for configuration.
I cant seem to authenticate with imp and the /imp/test/php fails with "imap
authentication failed, user unknown"
I have installed the following.
Mysql
Php
Apache
Saslauthd
Horde
Imp
Cyrus and web_cyradm
I hate asking a question unless I have exhausted all my resources but I am
stumped.
I built the mysql horde database and populated the tables and set the
password
I set horde for imp authentication and enabled the mysql connection in the
php files
Apache is running and the saslauthd is set for pam authentication ( I did
not change anything in /etc/pam.d )
It appears that Cyrus does not use the system users mailboxes and needs
users created.
I tried cyradm -u Cyrus local host
It prompts me for a password. ( I am not sure if there is a default password
I should use )
It just gives me a segmentation fault.
If I su to Cyrus then try cyradm
No connection to database.
If I cant use cyradm from the command line that web-cyradm wouldn't work
either.
I believe I am just having difficulty using the cyradm tool correctly or is
there a better way?
Are there any packages I am missing or installed that are unnecessary?
Thank you
Mike

Michael W. Partyka
Stonepath Logistics