[imp] Fwd: Reply_To (Identities)

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun Dec 7 07:14:56 PST 2003

----- Forwarded message from M.Kern at wmf.de -----
    Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 14:44:47 +0100
    From: "Kern, Michael" <M.Kern at wmf.de>
 Subject: Reply_To (Identities)
      To: "'jon at horde.org'" <jon at horde.org>, "'chuck at horde.org'"
<chuck at horde.org>

Hi Jon, hi Chuck

we are trying to set up the HORDE IMP Project. All (receiving via IMAP and
sending via Exchangeserver) is working fine at the moment - except the
reply_to field is wrong ...

Due to a necessary Domain-Login on an Exchange Mailserver the UserId in
Login has to be in the form :

<Domain>/<Domain-User>/<Email-Alias>

This UserId is set into the identity field for the user. I don't want to
setup a database to store especial UserOptions if possible.

If I compose a message, the message is sent and the receiver sees the
identity f.e. do-wmf-d01/system1/m.kern at wmf.de
<mailto:do-wmf-d01/system1/m.kern at wmf.de>  as the senders name ... this is
not the correct format of the mailaddress. Where do I have to modify the
string, so that in new mails and answers to mails the correct email-alias is
written ? The correct mailaddress would be <Email-Alias>@wmf.de without any
preceding domain-informations separated by slashes ... !

Where and how can I extract the alias of the identity string ?

Could anyone help me ?
I did not find any helping information in the FAQ or installation-guides !

Thanks for any assistance !

Regards Mi.Ke.

Mit freundlichem Gruß
Michael Kern - WMF / AG
Tel : 07331/25-8667
Fax: 07331/25-8364
<http://www.wmf.de <http://www.wmf.de/> >

----- End forwarded message -----

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"I'm really... I'm not too fascinated by green food." - Average Joe