[imp] Scalable Webmail HOWTO and LDAP doubts

Paulo Jan paulojan at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 10 02:07:26 PST 2003

--- Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org> wrote:
> Quoting Paulo Jan <paulojan at yahoo.com>:
>
> > 	With this in mind, what I'd like to know is: is
> the
> > above because am I doing something wrong, or
> because
> > the Scalable Webmail HOWTO is effectively out of
> date?
>
> Very much so.

Oh, okay :-).

In that case, perhaps it would be a good idea to add a
huge warning at the top of the file: "THESE
INSTRUCTIONS ARE OUT OF DATE", or something like that.
I see that it's no longer linked in the Papers section
of the website, but still, there are a few links to it
in the mailing list archives that somebody looking for
information might find.

Also, another question: how did it ever worked then,
with such nonstandard LDAP attributes like "maildrop",
etc.? Is the answer simply "OpenLDAP 1.x sucked and
didn't check these things properly?"

                   Paulo.