[imp] redirect bug?

Payton payton at repligen.com
Wed Dec 10 06:43:21 PST 2003

I'm not sure if this is a bug report or if I'm just doing something wrong
in my configuration. So I will describe my situation and the problem I'm
having.

	I'm using the CVS HEAD version of horde and imp, as of 20031210
(although I first noticed this problem on 20031201). I have horde set up
to perform logins through an ldap server and imp set up to respect the
horde login and not provide its own login screen
($servers['imap']['hordeauth'] = true in imp/config/servers.php).  I also
have horde set to display imp as the first application at login.

	After logging in (to horde), the horde frameset appears with the
menu on the left, and then inside the right frame, another whole horde
frameset appears, including the menu on the left (again) and then the imp
mail list on the right. To clarify, there are two menus displaying.

	Once any other page is loaded, the unneeded second menu frame
disappears and stays gone.

	This behavior did not exist before the version 1.72 commit of
horde/config/conf.php.dist (where the 'always' option was added) and the
associated commits. I have the following menu settings in
horde/config/conf.php:
 	$conf['menu']['display'] = true;
	$conf['menu']['always'] = false;

	Also, I can fix this behavior by replacing imp/redirect.php with
verison 1.86, so I assume this was something added when the 'always' menu
option was added. Not understanding how the redirect script is called, I
have been unable to tell exactly what is causing the bug. It may also be
interesting to note that the bug does not exist if set horde to use imp to
log in (in horde/conf.php: $conf['auth']['params']['app'] = 'imp';, etc.).

	Sorry if the report is unclear or rambling. I wanted to provide
as much information as possible. Otherwise, Horde et al have been a
lifesaver for me. Thanks!

-Payton