[imp] Re: Scalable Webmail HOWTO and LDAP doubts

Magnus Nordseth magnus at ntnu.no
Thu Dec 11 03:22:54 PST 2003

Dave Breiland:
> How large of an installation have you support using this? Both users and
> servers...?

Imp is just part of the installation. We have approx 20k logins pr day,
running on 3 dual Pentium 4 2.4GHz with 2Gb RAM.

We have several logical clusters, with a total of 10 real servers, and 2
load balancers in active/passive mode.

The scalability is determined by the load balanceing method. If you choose
NAT (whoch is what most hardware load balancers do), you are limited by the
bandwitdth and cpu power of your load balancer. If you choose direct
routing, you are limited by the bandwidth of your internet connection.

--
Magnus Nordseth