[imp] SSL accelerator cards

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Dec 12 10:31:26 PST 2003

Quoting Liam Hoekenga <liamr at umich.edu>:

> We'd like to investigate PCI SSL accelerator cards for our webmail servers.
> Do any of you have suggestions or advice about productions you've used?
>
> Liam

We're using the broadcom ones Dell sells for their 2650 servers (and
others).  Haven't done any real load on them yet, so no real feedback
on performance or anything yet.  So far my opinion is they are very
expensive, but they do work.  If you can't increase performance in some
other way (faster cpu, more cpu, more memory, php accelerator) then this
is a good next step to try.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics