[imp] Already read messages show as unread

Tero Matinlassi tero.matinlassi at edu.vantaa.fi
Sat Dec 13 14:58:34 PST 2003

I have a strange bug in IMP concerning message read status. While
reading messages in the mailbox, for example starting at the first
message, then clicking next message link on each message and returning
to mailbox view, all messages do not get read status. Most of them do,
but typically a couple in among, say, 20 messages is still shown as
unread. Messages which stay with unread status seem to be picked quite
randomly (or atleast I haven't yet noticed any pattern in this).

I haven't yet tracked this further, so this might be a bug in IMP or in
PHP or perhaps in WU-IMAPd, but I recall this problem started when I
upgraded Horde to 2.2.4 and IMP to 3.2.2. With Horde 2.2.1 (or 2.2.2)
and IMP 3.2.1 this didn't happen.

Is anybody else seeing this kind of problem?

PHP is version currently 4.3.4 (but the problem was with 4.2.1 also).
WU-IMAPd is version 2001a.

-Tero

--
Tero Matinlassi