[imp] exchange address book

Jari Kallonen jari.kallonen at motoman.fi
Thu Dec 18 22:32:46 PST 2003

Lainaus Andrew Morgan <morgan at orst.edu>:

> On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, Jari Kallonen wrote:
>
> > Hi Andy,
> >
> > I installed Turba 1.2.1 and configured Exchange LDAP, but I wasn't able to
> get
> > anything out of exchange address book (no error while connecting to
> exchange,
> > that's good thing, right?). I think the problem exist in
> > ./turba/config/sources.php? Can you tell me what is wrong?? I have also
> > configured MySQL, which holds 'my addressbook' entries and that works...
> >
> > sources.php:
> >
> > ..
> > $cfgSources['motoman'] = array(
> >   'title' => 'Motoman Robotics Finland Oy',
> >   'type' => 'ldap',
> >   'params' => array(
> >      'server' => 'motoman.motoman.fi',
> >      'port' => 389,
> >      'root' => ''
> >      ),
> >   'map' => array(
> >      '__key' => 'dn',
> >      'name' => 'cn',
> >      'email' => 'mail'
> >      ),
> > ..
> >
> > I'm very unsure about this 'root' parameter what should it be???
> > Existing entries (netcenter and verisign) won't either return anything
> except
> > table header when I try to search.
>
> 'root' should be the base dn of your directory.  I don't really know what
> the correct value is for Exchange, or if it even requires one.  I don't
> have a working config for Exchange 5.5 because we upgraded to Exchange
> 2000 several years ago.  Perhaps someone else on this list can help?
>
> 	Andy

I got it working (after doing a lot of testing) like this:
'root' => 'cn=Recipients,ou=MOTOMAN,o=MOTOMAN ROBOTIT OY'
Where 'MOTOMAN' is the site name of exchange server and 'MOTOMAN ROBOTIT OY' is
the directory name of exchange server. Those parameter values can be found from
exchange administrator program under the main tree view...

But thanks anyway...

Jari Kallonen
Motoman Robotics Finland Oy
<http://www.motoman.fi>