[imp] Re: [sork] passwd-2.2 + poppassd-ceti-1.8.3 = password did not change

Dang Thi Nhung nhung_dang at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 18 23:56:35 PST 2003

Hello everybody,
My poppassd has not changed user's password.

> Sounds like a permissions problem (tcp_wrappers, firewall, etc).

Yes, tcp-wrappers-7.6 was installed when I installed redhat 9, but I don't know how to config it. Please show me to do that.

In addition, I found line below in security log file:

xinetd[3266]: START: poppassd pid 3755 from=127.0.0.1
xinetd[3755]: FAIL: popassd libwrap from=127.0.0.1

Please help me to correct it.

Thanks.
Dtnhung.

Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu> wrote:
Quoting Dang Thi Nhung :

> I have still received: Connection closed by foreign host.

Sounds like a permissions problem (tcp_wrappers, firewall, etc).

> If I use 'sql' backend, was I forced to use poppassd?

If your passwords are in sql, then you can use the sql backend (without
poppassd).

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics