[imp] Re: [sork] FW: Changing password on SMTP or POP accounts

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Dec 19 08:29:52 PST 2003

Quoting Dang Thi Nhung <nhung_dang at yahoo.com>:

> Hello,
> If there are 10.000 to 15.000 users on system, how do you manage and change
> theirs password? Please point to me the best way.

There is no best way.  Only the best way for you.  That depends on things
like staffing, knowledge base, software available, operating systems you
run, etc.

Most likely, if you want to have the user change passwords via horde, you will
use the sork module called "passwd".  If you want an admin to manage the
accounts, then you will want to use the admin interface of CVS HEAD horde
and a compatible backend...

> Thanks.
> Dtnhung.
>
> Sébastien_Corbeau <scorbeau at improve.fr> wrote:
> Syed Ahmed a écrit :
> > Hello,
> Hello,
>
> > I am new in thins field I guess, so pardon my questions if it's too
> > obvious. How do you change password on a SMTP server or for a POP
> > account through HORDE ?
> It depends your system. In a small production system, passwords are
> based on the accounts system (ie /etc/password).
> In this case, use popassd and the passwd horde module for changing
> passord under horde.
> http://www.horde.org/passwd/
>
> Seb

Eric Rostetter