[imp] Multipart/Alternative Problem

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Fri Dec 19 09:07:54 PST 2003

Quoting Milan Lesnik <milan.lesnik at uni-mb.si>:

| Hi
|
| > There's your problem right there. There is no multipart/alternative support
| in
| > IMP 3.x -- so two messages with slightly different headers may produce two
| > different outputs.
| >
| > Upgrade to CVS HEAD for correct multipart/alternative support.
|
| My english. :-(
|
| I don't think so:
|
| - my server is openvms
| - I run both imap servers simultaneously (one is listening on port 143, other
| on 144)
| - sender sends one message (multipart/alternative with attachment)
|
| Horde/Imp work when I connect to PMDF's Imap server (I see text/html and
| attachment and I'm able to save this attachment), but when I connect to
| HP/Compaq's Imap server I don't see attachment.

So it sounds like maybe the two servers are parsing the message a little
differently.  But that doesn't take away the problem that IMP 3.x doesn't
handle multipart/alternative messages.  Any output you get using IMP 3.x is
from IMP trying to handle it as a simple multipart/mixed message (which is a
completely different thing) so your mileage will vary between different
messages.

michael