[imp] Incorrect parsing of messages in summary/layout view (IMP 4.0-cvs)

josh-imp at endries.org josh-imp at endries.org
Sat Dec 20 18:18:46 PST 2003

I noticed today that, in the layout view, the number of unread messages for a
folder includes unread messages that are flagged as deleted but not purged.
After purging, the number shows the correct number of messages. Deleted
messages that are not yet purged but are read are not counted in this sum.

I was going through the code to find out where the problem is and how it may be
fixed and was seeing various checks for "show deleted" preferences and whatnot,
and second guessed my assumption that this is an error or oversight. I haven't
found any options that look like they would change this behavior, but I could
be missing it.

Is this intentional?