[imp] Odd LDAP replication behavior on filters attribute

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Mon Dec 22 17:12:33 PST 2003

Quoting Scott Courtney <courtney at 4th.com>:

| It would be trivial to look at how many rules are in a single "Blacklist"
| transaction, but that doesn't solve the problem of users adding hundreds and
| hundreds of rules a few at a time. With 35000+ users at an ISP, we are
| already seeing cases of people doing that sort of thing. A million monkeys
| at a million keyboards......you know. :-)
|
| The questions I have, then are:
|
| 1. Has this already been addressed by someone else? Or does someone else have
|    a better idea? I don't want to reinvent a wheel.

In HEAD, you can look at the following configuration option
(horde/config/conf.php):

// The size of the preferences field in your backend in bytes. Horde will
// reject any write to the preferences backend if its length exceeds this
// value. Leave null to skip this checking.
// e.g. MySQL stores the preference data in a LONGTEXT field. This field
// can hold 4294967295 bytes so most likely checking is not needed. However
// other DB installations may only have a storage size of 64 KB (65535
// bytes). These installations would want to turn checking on.
$conf['prefs']['maxsize'] = null;

This sounds like what you want.  This hasn't (and most likely isn't) going to be
backported to IMP 3.x.

michael