[imp] Hook _username_hook_frombackend() Question

Mike Bydalek mbydalek at zivix.com
Fri Dec 26 00:07:17 PST 2003

Let me start by describing my setup.  I have an LDAP server which stores user
names and all their info.  Horde and my mail server authenticate against the
LDAP server.  In my conf.php I have <$conf['hooks']['username'] = true;> so
people can login as "user" and the system treats them as "user at domain.com"
which is fine and dandy.

Basically my problem could be due to a Horde bug in Groups, but the problem can
be solved with IMP (I hope).  My question with IMP is, how do I have IMP send
the IMAP server $userId . "@domain.com" to authenticate against if I have this
hook set to "false" ?

The reason I ask for this is because users are stored in groups as just $userID
even though the hook is true (bug?).  What I am doing to use this is shared
calendars.  I have a calendar where SomeGroup has all privileges.  If I add
SomeUser to the group SomeGroup, he cannot add events to the calendar because
the search for category_attributes is looking for SomeUser at domain.com (which
doesn't belong to any group) - instead of just 'SomeUser'

Going back to the original question then, if I have the system just think users
are just SomeUser, how can I get IMP to authenticate against the mail server
using SomeUser at domain.com?  I've tried setting 'realm' to no avail.

Thank you.

-Mike