[imp] IMP auth wiht LDAP

Oscar Retana M. oscar at gridshield.net
Wed Dec 31 08:31:44 PST 2003

Hello.

I think I've googled enough :)

Can I have IMP authentication directly to an LDAP server ??

1. Horde Framework itself authenticates quite fine with LDAP.

2. Why IMP doesn't use Horde authentication? Why IMP implements its own
authentication system?

In the examples, docs, lists, all I have read, I can't find anyone with
IMP authenticating directly to an LDAP server.

If this is not possible at all, I just need to know it and I will have
IMP authentication with an IMAP server. But what puzzles me is that
Horde Framework do authenticates well with LDAP, but IMP can't, a.f.a.i.k.

- Oscar.