[imp] IMP maillog Memory Leak?

Jacob Davida jacob-news at davida.com
Mon Jan 12 07:44:25 PST 2004

Hello,

It seems there may be a possible memory leak or code problem while using
the "maillog" feature of Imp. I've noticed that Apache processes can consume
> 150MB of memory while using this feature. It also tends to slow down
the user's end while waiting for things to clean up.

This behavior can be seen when replying to a message or forwarding a
message.

Nicely, you can change this value in the recent CVS HEAD.

$conf['maillog']['use_maillog'] = false;

In imp/config/conf.php to disable it. I dont see any problems after that.

Does anyone know why this is? Does anyone else experience this issue?

It was a huge deal for my system since I can get more than 200 active user
logging in
at once, just 15 of them replying/forwarding relatively at the same time
would cause
the machine to eat up > 2GB of ram, thus forcing it to swap, and ka-blooey
system
crash.

This feature is nice, though not necessary. I'd like to give it back to my
user base
if possible.

Thanks in advanced!

- Jacob Davida