[imp] infinite loop with shared folders?

Attila Nagy bra at fsn.hu
Mon Jan 19 09:47:20 PST 2004

Hello,

cyrus IMAPd 2.2.2, RELENG_2 from Horde, RELENG_3 from imp.

When I create a folder, named "Shared Folders.spam" in Cyrus and one
user goes to the imp folders view the browser lists "Shared Folders"
infinitely. Both the httpd and the browser eats memory and CPU until the
limits are reached.

First, I did not understand what happened, Mozilla just animated its "m"
on the right side and nothing was displayed.
Then I tried with ie, which (after some kind of hard disk training)
displayed some thousand of "Shared Folders" in the window.

The problem only arises when I have "show the unsubscribed folders"
option on. I am not subscribed to Shared Folders.spam.

Is it a known bug, or just me?

Thanks,
--
Attila Nagy                                   e-mail: Attila.Nagy at fsn.hu