[imp] Re: IMAP/SSL

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Jan 26 12:31:23 PST 2004

Quoting Terry Poperszky <Terry.Poperszky at SOSStaffing.Com>:

> I just upgraded my mail server and had to go with IMAP/SSL, I am able to
> connect using Outlook and Evolution to port 993, but I have not been
> able
> to get Imp to connect (I have included log entries below).

You need to configure IMP to use imap/ssl.

> "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that
> could not be verified

Then you also need to tell IMP not to verify the certificate.

> Messages log:
> Jan 26 09:10:15 s1 HORDE[1945]: [imp] FAILED LOGIN 10.x.x.198 to
> s2.sosinternal.com:993[imap/notls] as schmidt [on line 282 of
> "/usr/local/horde-2.2.3/imp-3.2.1/lib/IMP.php"]

You configured IMP in horde/imp/config/servers.php to use imap/notls,
but you want to configure it to use imap/ssl/novalidate-cert instead.
See the comments in that file.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics